The BLINDER HP-905 series of jammers are software upgradable. Using a laptop or desktop computer and a USB cable, the CPU software can be upgraded at no cost to you.
All upgrades are FREELY available from our website. The whole upgrade process takes less than 20 minutes to complete. No paying for upgrades. No wasted time sending away for module upgrades (as with competitor models), and no down time.
The CPU should Not be connected to 12 volts power during the upgrade process. Any power requirement is sourced via the computer USB cable.
Instructions – Live Update Tool
(You must have an Internet connection for the software to access the desired update files stored on our secure server.)
- Download and install the NEW RELEASE HP-905 Live Update Tool.
(If you have an older version of the Live Update Tool installed on your computer it will be automatically overwritten, so there is no need to uninstall the previous version first).
- Attach your HP-905 Compact CPU to the computer using the USB cable that came with your package. (No 12VDC Power required).
- Then run the link “BlinderLiveUpdater” located in the “Blinder” folder of the Windows Start All Programs Menu. Your Windows security will ask for permission for the Update Tool to access your computer system. Click to allow access. (If you do not grant permission, your Windows firewall will obstruct the CPU upload process and the background Internet download will “hang” and give an error message.)
- Next select your country “Region” and the “Voice file” that you desire to install. Set the jamming time, sun interference level other parameters required.
- With “AUTO” update selected, click the “UPLOAD” button. The software will identity the current CPU firmware version and automatically download the newer version from the Internet.
- Available firmware versions are listed below. We have supplied both zipped and unzipped versions.
Trouble Shooting Installation:
- If the BlinderLiveUpdater fails to access the Internet and “hangs” or produces an error message, there are two possible reasons. 1) You don’t have a working Internet connection or 2) Your firewall is stopping your computer from allowing the software to access the Internet and download the CPU software. Double check your firewall settings and if necessary, return your firewall to the “default” setting